Thursday, July 31, 2008

Back from Vacation

I've just returned from vacation. What better time to start a blog than now. What the hell.

A trampoline at the rented cottage was a bad idea. It meant a) I spent a whole week on this bouncing piece of nylon with my almost-two-year-old son and b) lots of bleeding noses and various other injuries. Though I must admit it was fun until a shitty diaper came flying at me out of one of his pant legs.

A week parked in front of a lake, with a lot of cocktails, enabled me to forget that my first book is coming out in a little over a week and that I have a launch on the 28th. These things make me more nauseous than the trampoline.

Back to reality!

2 comments:

Darla McFarlane said...

Yay, I get to be the first person to comment! I just went online to see if your novel is available yet and found your website instead. Congratulations on all your success, Daria. The Prairie Bridesmaid is creating a lot of buzz, and I can't wait to read it.

Anonymous said...

Well, I REALLY admire you for starting a blog when just back from vacation. I came back off holidays June 30, still feel like slug bait, and have to drag myself out of bed workdays. Choosing a template, colour, etc., just sounds like too much work... need a drink just thinking about it. (Good thing you're coming by for a visit; won't have to drink alone.)